It's 5 months since my last count and I was keen to do a recount for two reasons.
* my wardrobe is looking more sparse (which makes me very happy)
* My new job has meant my 5 piece wardrobe is out the window and I
have purchase more than I planned.
As previously, I do these posts for my records so Please do t feel compelled to comment:). If you are like me, numbers are a very dry topic but I do know some of you love it and I have been I inspired by you x
Skirts - 9 (Early 2015 / 11 & 2014 / 16)
- I have recognised that I am mostly a pants girl except for summer when skirts are more practical. Also noted that like interesting skirts and will only buy if interesting and different to what I already have,
Pants - 17 (Early 2015 / 16 & 2014 / 19)
Includes smart leggings and skirted leggings and culottes
Jackets - 22 (Early 2015 / 23 & 2014 / 20
Sleeveless Jackets - 3 (Early 2015 & 2014 2)
-increase due to my sister giving me a new tailored sleeveless jacket I haven't yet worn.
Cardigan/Knit Vest/Wraps/Poncho. - 19 (Early 2015 / 21 & 2014 / 24)
Sweaters - 9 (Early 2015 / 6)
- the additions were intentional purchases when I realised I did not have enough dressy sweaters for winter.
Tops - 56 (Early 2015 / 44 & 2014 / 67)
- tops tend to be how I create variety. Don't mind repeating bottoms a lot but it's the tops that seem to keep the bottoms fresh and proved the variety.
Tunics/Dresses - 22 (Early 2015 / 30 & 2014 / 22)
Coats - 1 (Early 2015 / 4)
Total December 2015 - 158 (158 /. )
What I take from this is that I am now much more in touch with the clothing needs of my lifestyle and I am becoming a much more discerning shopper.
It also seems I have settled organically around a certain number of items that work for me, keeping satisfied and interested in my wardrobe. This count is across all seasons btw:)
I do wish I had counted when I first arrived at YLF but the numbers would have been overwhelming. But take it from me what I have now is probably a third of what I originally had stuffed into all the closets in my house lol.