WIW : Fathers' Day Inspired by Angie's Client Karen :)

Happy Sunday Ladies:)

Well, Spring has Sprung here in Aus and I was so inspired by Karen's outfits recently that I have been waiting for the weather to warm up here to give this one a try.

The skirt is a new purchase for Spring. The black button down has been in my wardrobe for about 18 months but doesn't get a lot of wear as I am not a frequent button down wearer but I do like them. The belt is a stretchy one with a bow feature.
I am also wearing my little silver bird necklace with a red dop bead just in the open neckline.

#1 is a bit blurry so added #5 for your viewing pleasure. Lol
#2 is a mirror photo as I forgot to take a proper photo with my denim jacket (which I didn't really need to day).
#3 a bad picture of the belt bow.

I wore this to church this morning followed by a Father's Day bbq (@ church) and I received so many lovely compliments, I was really suprised.

What do you think? Any suggestions, tweaking etc welcome.

Thanks for looking
xxx Deborah

1
2
3
4
5
This post is also published in the youlookfab forum. You can read and reply to it in either place. All replies will appear in both places.

18 Comments

  • jayne replied 8 years ago

    I am so excited to see your version I don't know what to say! I love the black you used and the outfit is just perfection!

    You do realize I will have to copy you now! I don't have a black cotton button down, but I see use for a black satin peplum shirt now!

  • CocoLion replied 8 years ago

    Thank you for the clearer picture, it shows how great this outfit is! I like the button down with the belt, it creates something unexpected about this outfit. The way your nails match your shoes is TDF!!! Subtle perfection is the way I would describe your style.

  • Deborah replied 8 years ago

    Jayne, thank you! I should apologise for not mentioning your version also served as inspiration for this outfit.

    Denise, I am always so impressed with how you pick up on the smallest detail. You have such a good eye, which is evident in your own outfits:). I wear red nail polish about 95% of the time and black cherry the other 5% :). I hadnt thought about the shoes and nails, it just kind of happened. I feel a lot of the time I really just dress by osmosis lol which is probably why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't :)

  • Preppy Pear replied 8 years ago

    What a beautiful outfit! Very inspirational. I love your nails with the shoes too! And I really like it with the denim jacket as well.

  • shevia replied 8 years ago

    Love this outfit on you both with and without the denim jacket. And I really like your necklace also.

  • Scarlet replied 8 years ago

    Absolutely gorgeous! And very Karen-esque, too!

  • Ingunn replied 8 years ago

    You look very stylish and pretty! That necklace is really something. I have no suggestions, this is perfect.

  • replied 8 years ago

    Stylish and elegant, you really have your style down! Love the denim jacket for an unexpected touch. The necklace is adorable.

  • merwoman replied 8 years ago

    What a great look - in particular I'm loving the skirt - especially with it's honey/caramel tones that compliment your hair very nicely. Also find that the jean jacket looks good - stylishly - and probably to keep you warm in springtime.

  • Angie replied 8 years ago

    You look ladylike, chic and perfect as always, Debs :)

    Your signature colour palette never lets you down.

  • cheryle (Dianthus) replied 8 years ago

    I love seeing outfits that are inspired by outfits. The creativity is so evident and it gives a slightly different spin to a formula.

    I really like this outfit. It is very flattering and the hit of red is just right. I was looking at either BR or AT and saw a similarly patterned skirt and was thinking it would be a good wardrobe piece. Very nice.

  • Parsley replied 8 years ago

    Deborah, this outfit just makes me sigh with satisfaction, it's so lovely.
    You look great both with and without the denim jacket. I love all the little details: your fabulous belt, that charming bird necklace, the red shoes.
    So fabulous!

  • Beth Ann replied 8 years ago

    Love the skirt, Deborah, and I also like the crisp versatility of the button down. Happy Spring!

  • harmonica replied 8 years ago

    Beautiful Deborah! This is just perfection, it reads you all through and is so sophisticated with the lovely details of the belt, necklace and shoes

  • Transcona Shannon replied 8 years ago

    *happy sigh* ... just lovely Deborah

  • Kirti replied 8 years ago

    I love this outfit, it is fantastic :-)

  • Kiwichik replied 8 years ago

    Love the new skirt you've styled it perfectly although I prefer is sans jacket.

  • Deborah replied 8 years ago

    Hi Kiwichik, so do I:) In truth I rarely wear my denim jacket, I am not sure it's 'me' :)

You need to be logged in to comment